I’ve had time to cook some of those dang Pinterest recipes I’ve been compiling for about a year.
Turns out they are pretty good…
Here’s a few that I would heartily endorse
- Zucchini Brownies (vegan…next time I’m making them with gluten free flour and will report back on how they turned out) I know they sound a bit crazy, yucky. BUT you really don’t taste the zucchini AT ALL and they are incredibly moist. I used unsweetened applesauce in place of the oil. Click here for the recipe.
- Mexican Chicken for the Slow Cooker: I made this as part of a taco bar last night. Super easy, super cheap (especially if you use a whole chicken and debone) Serve it with rice and beans OR in a taco. RECIPE: 3 chicken breasts, 1 small can enchilada sauce, 1 packet taco seasoning, 1 box chicken broth or stock. Put in slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-10 hours. Shred.
- Chewy Granola Bars: I am no longer buying granola bars for my kids. The packaging along is enough to make me hurl. I didn’t have rice crispies the other day so used CHEX which I whirled in my handy dandy small food processor until it resembled crumbs. It turned out to be perfect and made the bars gluten free…a plus for me as these bars are addictive. Use almond butter if you can’t do peanut butter. Here you go. Click for recipe. (I should have taken a picture of my bars…as I only had chocolate chips, no M&Ms…so not as bright with the colors but yummy just the same!
- Mexican Rice: A winner, hands down, by all! Again, super easy and so yummy. Next time I’m going to try this recipe in the slow cooker and see how it turns out. Any time I DON”T have to turn the oven on, I’m a happy camper! Click for recipe.
- Zucchini Fries: Baked and wow, are these good. I am going to try some other veggies as these are again, super easy and so, so yummy. I served them with homemade chicken nuggets and a big salad! Recipe here!